- Atheist Symbol Rejected By Capital One, But Jesus Is Preapproved
- Atheists sue Pennsylvania for declaring 2012 ‘Year of the Bible’
- House gives preliminary OK to bill that supporters say preserves religious freedom, but opponents say allows discrimination
- Rick Santorum Calls Obama a Nig
- New York City Department of Education Bans References To Dinosaurs To Avoid Insulting Creationists
- Hapless MPs defend faith healers
- Nottingham Imam jailed for sex attack on two boys
- Church fakes teens’ kidnapping using real gun
- Apocalypse 2012: France’s Bugarach Peak Draws Believers Who Await Alien Rescuers
8 comments on Episode 41: The Year of the Bible
As a brit, I just wanted to mention, regarding the picture of the judge from Nottingham: that’s… that’s just how judges dress over here. All of them. Yes, really.
And lawyers get to wear a smaller version of the wig (minus the ear flaps) when they’re in court.
I am not making this up.
As a Yank, I want to apologize for Tom & Cecil. Most educated Americans: 1) Know the difference between a sheriff and a judge; and 2) Already know how British judges dress, and don’t feel the need to giggle over it like children.
(Guys — otherwise, a great show. Really enjoy it.)
You are equating mockery with ignorance. We know perfectly well what they wear, we also know that he isn’t a sheriff. It’s a joke.
Actually, having spent most of my adult life in the US and now being a UK citizen I think I can unequivocally state, from direct experience, that most Americans know no such thing.
You clearly don’t belong listening to this show. Go apologize to someone who cares.
Hey guys! Thank you so much for the shout out this week and bonus points for saying my real name so eloquently.
Great show this week as always and I think that the year of the bible is being contested by the Freedom from Religion Foundation:
Thanks for all the laughs!
Loving the show from here in the UK guys – bust trying to catch-up the back-catalogue; I’m getting a fastforward through the GOP primaries and it’s hysterical.
Don’t know if you’ve seen this story yet –
probably goes with your ident on the Devil possessing Powerpoint?
Keep up the good work.